Our mission is to innovate, to reinvent ourselves... to create berry varieties with a unique signature taste that meet the needs of producers and consumers.
A century-old passion
Marionnet Label a story of plant enthusiasts, and more particularly red fruit enthusiasts, which began in 1891 in Sologne with Marionnet, nurseryman and founder of CRIV.
In 2020, on the strength of this century-old expertise, in order to pursue its development, the company was split into 3 companies with complementary activities: Marionnet Label for varietal creation; Pépinières de Sologne for the production of red fruit plants; Earth Market for the marketing of red fruit plants and licenses.
- After several years growing asparagus in his own garden in Soings-en-Sologne, Etienne Marionnet decided to move into open-field production. His son Alexandre saw the potential to develop larger surfaces... The family business was born.
- With growing success, the company began producing strawberries, making a major contribution to the development of this crop in the region
- Over the years, the torch was passed on to André Marionnet, who took over the business while striving to improve the genetic and sanitary quality of the plants. This gave him the opportunity to develop contacts with French and foreign research stations. André launched the first breeding programs for asparagus and strawberries!
- André's son, Jacques Marionnet, then took over the family business, building an in-vitro culture laboratory and becoming one of France's first private laboratories
- The early '90s brought success for Marionnet with the commercial launch of Mara des Bois, the successful culmination of a long research process that was only the first of many!
- Creation of Marionnet SARL, which markets Marionnet products and manages the licenses or sublicenses of private varieties. Research develops in strawberries, asparagus and red berries
- Takeover of the company Marionnet Label and separation of activities into 3 separate companies
Pépinières de Sologne: Creation and sales of seedlings
Earth Market: Variety edition and distribution of seedlings
The Centre de Recherche et d'Innovation Végétale (CRIV) is the breeder of emblematic varieties such as Mara des Bois, Mariguette®, Magnum® in strawberry or Paris and Versailles in raspberry. Its know-how is above all a genetic heritage resulting from an acute sense of selection and the experience of Laurent Chausset, our breeder and before him, his father Daniel. Intuitive, curious, their insatiable quest has led them in two generations to gather a pool of ideal diversity.
On the strength of committed programs, the CRIV team hybridizes and produces thousands of seedlings each season in so-called "Northern European" climatic conditions in order to keep only the material closest to the targeted ideotypes. In May 2021, we decided to build a new R&D facility in Soings-en-Sologne on nearly 28 hectares, with multi-climate phenotyping greenhouses, maintenance of the genetic pool and a state-of-the-art in vitro planting laboratory.
They are the main qualities we want to embody in our daily lives. They represent our DNA, who we are, what we do and how we do them.
We innovate while respecting scientific codes and striving for excellence under all circumstances.
We challenge our achievements, question our convictions, and remain open to opinions, even if they differ.
We have that touch of madness that allows us to go beyond the expection and have more and more fun.
We exchange with the scientific community to mutually enrich each other and exceed expectations.
We do our utmost to ensure that each variety promotes an increasingly sustainable and responsible culture.